
When thinking of the duality of these words: tarry and join, I was reminiscent of the many environments that I was and continue being shaped by. I tried to capture the SF Bay Area; Saida, Lebanon and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, attempting to illustrate the feeling and colors of the places.
Although I began with a clear delimitation for each of these, I gradually began expanding beyond the borders intended, and I saw that to be relevant to the word join. These places linger in my mind and experiences, and continue to take part in my worldview, and although they are discrete places in different geographical locations, in my mind they begin to connect and intertwine. One sense of place bleeds into another; they all inform one another and transform each other simultaneously.
Besides noticing the visual relation between the palette and the painting I was working on, I thought it was appropriate to keep those colors as a testament to the fact that this painting, and this worldview is in constant flux, it is a work in progress and will forever remain that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment