This is a return to the beach and its colors. The beach has been a big part of my childhood, since I spent most of my summers in the Mediterranean Sea in Lebanon.
I find myself now living near a huge body of water once again, but this time it is the biggest one in the world, and we are at the very edge of it. There is something about this that I can never get used to. The colors produced by this body of water and its interaction with the sunrays is something I find absolutely magical, and even divine. I have never seen such mesmerizing colors and I am astonished at an almost daily basis about the fact that these are naturally occurring.
This piece is more about colors and capturing the feeling of them. It’s about lightness and subtlety. There is something about the bay, especially at dusk or dawn, that transports you briefly somewhere else. The colors change and so does your perception of the space.
No comments:
Post a Comment